History of Eccles Heddon
In 1937 John William Heddon and Stanley Brayshay formed the partnership known as Heddon & Brayshay at 24 North Street, Ripon, together with a third solicitor by the name of William Maylott Eccles, who was Mayor of Ripon at the time of the Queen’s coronation in 1953 and attended the ceremony at Westminster Abbey. Having changed its name in 1970 to Eccles Heddon & Young, reflecting the names of the then partners, the firm became known by its current name of Eccles Heddon in 1975.
The firm continues to practice in Ripon, although its offices are now located on Westgate. In addition to its location in Ripon, the firm also has offices in the nearby market towns of Thirsk and Bedale. The Bedale office was the creation of John Heddon in approximately 1942 and maintains a strong client base to this day, both within the town itself and further afield. The firm has occupied offices overlooking the Market Place in Thirsk since 1974, from where it continues to provide a wide range of legal services to its clients.