· Taking and relaying accurate telephone messages ensuring that our lawyers and clients receive messages promptly, remembering this role will typically be the ‘face and voice of the firm’ and the first port of call for incoming phone calls.
· Collection and delivery of post.
· Fast and accurate audio transcription.
· Printing and sorting emails and documents, often with attachments or links, and filing when required.
· Photocopying, scanning, printing, faxing, binding and preparing documents and delivery/collection of large volume document production, courier or reprographic work.
· Distributing post or completed work as required.
· Creating and amending documents from Microsoft Word.
· Maintenance of the filing system, both for electronic and physical files. Ensuring that all files are kept up to date at all times. Setting up and maintaining new filing systems. Printing off matter related emails and attachments on request and ensuring copies are held on the appropriate file.
· Opening and closing files.
· Excellent level of technical ability in Microsoft Word.
· Excellent attention to detail, spelling, accuracy, grammar and presentation.
· Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service.
· "Can do" and proactive approach, including accepting tasks that may be outside general scope of duties.
· Fast and accurate audio and copy typing – typing speed of at least 65 words per minute.
· Exceptional organisational skills.
· Excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills.
· High level of attention to detail, providing work that is quality checked and complete.
· Team player, able to work well with others to achieve team or task specific goals.
· Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adjust priorities or working hours when necessary.
· Keen to learn new skills and develop or improve skill set.
This will be a part time role with working hours of 9am – 5.00pm, with one hour for lunch.