• Transactional work will include letters, emails, attendance notes, documents and tasks.
• Fast and accurate audio transcription.
• Taking and relaying accurate telephone messages ensuring that our lawyers and clients receive messages promptly, remembering this role will typically be the ‘face and voice of the firm’ and the first port of call for incoming phone calls.
• Monitoring inboxes, using initiative to re-route or prioritise, and action or draft responses for review in order to reduce volume.
• Developing relationships with the wider firm to ensure excellent client service delivery.
• Printing and sorting emails and documents, often with attachments or links, and filing when required.
• Photocopying, scanning, printing, faxing, binding and preparing documents and delivery/collection of large volume document production, courier or reprographic work.
• Distributing post or completed work as required.
• Creating and amending documents from Microsoft Word.
• Maintenance of the filing system, both for electronic and physical files. Ensuring that all files are kept up to date at all times. Setting up and maintaining new filing systems. Printing off matter related emails and attachments on request and ensuring copies are held on the appropriate file.
• Opening and closing files.
• Preparing relevant paperwork for sending out client account monies (e.g. cheque, TT and faster payment requests).
• Previous experience of working in a residential conveyancing department.
• Excellent level of technical ability in Microsoft Word.
• Excellent attention to detail, spelling, accuracy, grammar and presentation.
• Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service.
• "Can do" and proactive approach, including accepting tasks that may be outside general scope of duties.
• Fast and accurate audio and copy typing – typing speed of at least 65 words per minute.
• Exceptional organisational skills and able to plan and prioritise effectively in order to deliver high volume work or tasks to demanding deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills.
• High level of attention to detail, providing work that is quality checked and complete.
• Team player, able to work well with others to achieve team or task specific goals.
• Self-motivated and goal focussed, enjoying change and variety, and thriving under pressure.
• Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adjust priorities or working hours when necessary.
• Keen to learn new skills and develop or improve skill set.
This is a full time, permanent role with working hours of 9am – 5.00pm Mondays to Fridays inclusive, with one hour for lunch.